Many people make these mistakes during the setup of Wi-Fi extenders. With the help of this article, you can solve your problem within a few minutes. wifi.wavlink.com
Before and after the setup of the extender, you must know these five mistakes. Most people make these mistakes during the extender setup.
Position Of The Extender
Don’t place your extender in a hidden place like on the floor, basement, cabinets, etc. This is the primary factor by which you get the wrong signal. Most objects block the Wi-Fi signal if your extender is not in the central location of your house. It will create problems and disapprove of your W-Fi performances.
How to Solve This Problem
Set up the best location for your Wi-Fi extender. During the wifi.wavlink.com setup, it is necessary to place your WiFi extender at the central location of your home or office. So that the device can extend WiFi to places where the signals tend to be weak. This setup tells that there is a good connection between your extender and router. After the setup, you can still move your extender away from the router without losing any connection.
Excessive Number of Active Devices
If you connect so many devices at the same time then it will create a slow-speed network problem. All devices need to connect to the network from smart lights to smartphones.
If your router has an antenna, it gives high-speed internet to your device. If you connect so many devices to the internet, the network becomes overfull which impacts WIFi speed. This results in the slow speed of the internet.
How to solve this problem
To solve this problem and connect all the devices with the extender. We suggest that you must buy a new router that has a multi-band or tri-band for good speed of the network. When your router has multiple bands, then you connect much more devices to your router.
Ensure The T.V Power Outlet Is Working
This is the big error when you don’t check your power outlet before plugging in the cable modem router. It makes contact with troubleshooting connectivity issues. To find a valid internet cable connection you must take a test of T.V outlet. Testing will help you quickly or accurately if you have any problems.
How To Solve This Problem
The use of the cable tester is the easiest way to find the signal from the internet service provider. If you don’t know how to set up the cable then you can go on Wavlink extender setup and follow the steps.
Using An Outdated Router
- If your router and internet connecting devices are five years older, then replace them immediately.
- An old router doesn’t carry the high speed of the internet which means you get the slow speed of the internet on your devices.
- We suggest you update your router after every 3-4 years. With the help of this, you get high-speed internet. If you don’t know how to update your router then don’t worry. In the next step, we’ve explained how to update your router firmware.
Update Router Firmware
- Connect your mobile and laptop to the router with the help of an ethernet cable.
- From the router manufacturer’s website, download the updated firmware/software.
- Login into the web management page of your router.
- Select the download firmware/software to update the router from this page.
- Now, restart your router to finish the upgrade.
Not Having Security Wi-Fi Setup
One of the most important factors is that your Wi-Fi network has a security setup. For the security of your home and Wi-Fi, you create a strong Wi-Fi password in a very short time.
With the help of a password, you can protect your Wi-Fi from hackers and increase the range of the Wi-Fi network.
You will also be sure that the security of Wi-Fi in your home network should be able to update by this you get high speed on your devices.
Nowadays, people make these mistakes during the setup of their Wi-Fi extender and get less speed Wi-Fi on their devices. With the help of this article, you can get high speed, protect your network from hackers, and know how to set up a Wi-Fi extender at home. Stay tuned for further updates.