QuickBooks Error 3371, status code 11118, can cause disruptions throughout your job. Users will experience an unexpected shutdown if QuickBooks cannot load licence info. This outbreak causes numerous difficulties in accessing QB files. The user would be unable to easily access their accounting programme.
Many users all across the world are unaware of this problem. Keeping this in mind, we created a handbook. You address issues while initializing License properties, be sure to thoroughly read it.
What is the meaning of QuickBooks Error 3371 Error Status Code 1118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118 is a QB error that some QB users have encountered while executing the software for the first time after reconfiguring the system on your computer. It also happens when the QB system file “entitlementDataStore.ecml,” which holds the licence properties of the QB desktop, is corrupted. A pop-up notification appears on the screen, stating, “QuickBooks could not upload the licencing data.” This could be due to a corrupted or missing file.”
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Issue?
To comprehend the variables that support QuickBooks Error 3371, the user must first understand that the creator of QuickBooks, Intuit, requires the user to keep the licencing information stored on the hard disc. If the user loses the License information or an associated file, all of the information becomes corrupted or ruined. As a result, the notice QuickBooks 2023 error 3371 appeared at the bottom of the screen.
This problem also occurs when the user tries to clone the knowledge in C:/ Drive to another hard disc. In this situation, the user must remove the License file and re-enter the knowledge to force this to stop.
The file QbRegistration.dat
This is frequently the knowledge file, which contains all of the license-related data stored on the hard disc. If this file is destroyed or lost in some way, the user will encounter the QuickBooks error 3371 status issue, and QuickBooks will not open.
Damage Microsoft XML Component
This component is required to operate the Microsoft QB accounting software on your computer. If this component is lost or damaged, the user will be unable to execute QuickBooks Accounting programme on his computer. This element is also considered QuickBooks Error 3371.
Because of the Anti-Virus Program
It also pauses the user’s ability to open the QB accounting if the user has installed an application on the PC or has an outdated Windows OS.
Because of Unsaved Files
QuickBooks Error 3371 can also occur when the user attempts to open a file without first saving it.
These are some of the primary factors that contribute to the difficulty of having QB mistake 3371. By taking care of those points, any user may keep their system safe from this problem.
Read more: QuickBooks keeps crashing
QuickBooks Error 3371 Symptoms
QuickBooks Fault 3371 symptoms are the effects of the error on the system that users may encounter in the first place. When you recognise these symptoms, you will be one step closer to resolving this mistake on your own.
- Because the system crashes when the Quickbooks error 3371 error status 1118 occurs, the user is unable to access the accounting data on the system.
- While the issue is occurring, an error message appears on the screen.
- Because of the problem, the user is unable to access any of the QuickBooks files.
- When an error occurs in the system, the mouse and keyboard begin to lag and respond slowly to inputs.
How Do I Repair QuickBooks Error 3371?
In today’s technology-driven world, there can be no delays caused by technical faults such as QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. That is why we devised a technique to resolve this problem with all available solutions.
Note: Before implementing any of the solutions in this post, you must first build a backup of the company file to avoid data loss.
Solution 1: Update the Windows operating system
As previously stated, an outdated or incomplete update in Windows OS is frequently the cause of QuickBooks issue 3371 status code 11118. So, first and foremost, the user must update the Windows operating system. To update it, follow the steps below: –
- Select “Windows” or “Start” from the menu.
- Select “All Programs” and then click on “Windows Update.”
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop after the upgrade is complete. And now that your difficulty has been fixed, you are free to travel.
- In QuickBooks problem 3371, the majority of users see the end in the primary solution, but in any event, you must not locate the answer and proceed.
Solution number two is to delete the ECML file and rename the Entitlement file.
This type of problem typically occurs when installation fails due to an inappropriate manner, causing the user to experience issues opening files from QuickBooks Accounting software. Follow the instructions to repair the problem.
- To begin, hit the “Windows” button on your keyboard, followed by the “R” button. This may cause RUN windows to appear.
- After the windows on the screen have opened, type C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8. then press the “OK” button
- By clicking OK, “Window Explorer” will launch to the location where all the mystery HTML files are stored.
- The user may simply locate the “ECML file,” place the mouse pointer on the file, and click the appropriate button, selecting the “Delete” option.
- When you’re finished, close the Windows option.
- Run QuickBooks and re-register the merchandise after carefully following all of the steps.
- After option 2, it is expected that the QB Error would be fixed, if not, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Apply the most recent Windows updates.
If the problem persists, use the third approach to remove it using the instructions below.
- To begin the third solution, click on the “Start Key.”
- After selecting “Start Key,” select “All Programs.”
- Then, select “Windows Update” and press the “Check for up-to-date updates” button.
- After installing the latest Windows, click the “Finish” option to align the QuickBooks programme.
- Recreate the destroyed entitlementDataStore.ECML file and resolve the entitlement and registration issues.
- Reinstall QuickBooks desktop by clicking the reinstall button.
- This solution yields a successful result, but the error persists; try the following solution.
Solution 4: Make use of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
If the difficulties with QuickBooks have not been handled by other means, go straight to the QuickBooks Tool Hub to solve them.
- First and foremost, the user must exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then Install the Quickbooks Desktop Tool Hub on your machine.
- Then go to the fourth option in the row labelled “Program Issue.”
- There are two alternatives available; choose “Quick Fix my Program.”
- Click the “OK” button.
- Now launch QuickBooks and thus the file.
- This utility automatically corrects all issues related to licence, validation, and registration. If the QB error has been fixed, please proceed to the next solution; if not, please proceed to the next solution.
Solution 5: Rename the Entitlement File.
For users of Windows XP
- To fix the QB issue, click the “Start” button and then “Run.”
- To find the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file,” go to “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication Data Intuit Entitlement Clientv2”.
- Click the “OK” button.
- To complete the process, rename the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.”
Users of Windows 7
- Users of Windows 7 must run C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- After that, rename the Entitlement file.
- When the user exposes the QuickBooks, the software automatically makes a substitute file to rename, but if the user cannot access the programme data folder, then follow the instructions below.
- First, go to “Computer,” then select “Select Organize,” then “Folder,” and finally “Search.”
- Now, select “Hidden files and folders.”
- To finish the technique, go to QuickBooks and see if the error 3371 is resolved.
Hopefully, the methods described in this post will assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error 3371 on your own. These procedures are so simple and straightforward that anyone can use them without difficulty. However, if you require assistance in resolving this mistake, you can contact QuickBooks customer care professionals. If you believe that all of the aforementioned techniques are time-consuming and that you may have messed up everything, you should contact them to be on the safe side and resolve the mistake. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist all QB users worldwide.