In mathematics, you will find the differences between various terms and concepts which are represented or written by making rows and columns. One of the basic methods of differentiating concepts or terms can be defined as the venn diagram. These diagrams are used to express the differences in visual form and are also known as logic-set diagrams. These diagrams basically use the geometrical shape of circle. A circle can be defined as a geometric shape that does not include any curves. These circles are both intersecting and non-intersecting. Other geometrical shapes such as squares, and rectangles are also used to make a venn diagram. But the most common and easiest to draw is a circle. In this article, we may cover some topics related to a Venn diagram such as how to draw it, applications of venn diagrams, and do a brief discussion about the topics.
How to Draw a Venn Diagram?
As mentioned above, venn diagrams are the diagrams used to express the differences between two or more concepts visually. The following is the step-by-step method to make a venn diagram.
- To make a venn diagram, the first step is to categorize the given items into sets. For example, if the given items are as follows: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,. You need to categorize the digits into two sets i.e. even and odd numbers.
- The second step is to make a geometric shape of a rectangle and label it according to the correlation of the sets.
- Now, you shall draw a circle depending upon the categories. For example, if the categories are odd and even numbers, then you must draw two circles.
- The last and final step is to place all the given items in the two circles. For example, in circle 1: even numbers (2, 4, and 6 ), circle 2 : ( 1, 3, and 5 ).
Some Applications of a Venn Diagram
Some of the applications of a venn diagram are as follows:
- A venn diagram is used to represent or express the common points or differences between two concepts visually.
- Various mathematicians use the venn diagrams to solve complex mathematical equations.
- It can be used to differentiate between two data. For example, you need to buy a smartphone. Venn diagrams can be used to differentiate the price, size, weight, RAM, ROM, and various other services of smartphones.
- A venn diagram is used in various fields such as statistics, linguistics, education, and logic.
Master Math with the Help of Cuemath website
Cuemath is an online platform that deals with the online teaching of the subject mathematics. If you feel bored studying math, do not worry, Cuemath is there to help you. It provides you with an expert tutor who will help you to study math in a fun way by laying out various math puzzles, math worksheets, and games. This will encourage the students to study math with great attention. It also covers the 360 degrees curriculum which will make the base strong. It has been classified into four stages such as:
- The first stage is school math. Here, the students understand by doing and learning various simulations related to the given topic.
- Mental math: The students are provided with daily practice sheets which enhances the speed and accuracy of the student for a particular topic.
- Practical Math: Here, a lot of real-life scenarios are put over which makes them realize that the subject mathematics is all around.
- The last stage is competitive math. Here, the student deals with advanced levels of math which includes various competitive test series to ace math.
Hence, visit the Cuemath website to book a free session now.